Polycarboxylic Ether based high range water reducing and long term dispensability admixture for high strength concrete
TARDYPLAST M is a new generation high range water reducing admixture based on modified poly-carboxylic ether. It is a light yellow color liquid which gets dispersed immediately in concrete mix together with water. This product has been specially developed to cater to the requirements of manufacturing very high grade concrete with huge water reduction and extended working time. It is chloride-free and compatible with all types of cement. It water reduction capacity is 15-30%.
The unique mechanism of action of polycarboxylic ether present in TARDYPLAST M greatly enhances the effectiveness of cement dispersion because of its typical molecular structure, having long side chains. At the very early stage of the mixing process, the PCs are absorbed by the cement granules, increasing their negative charge, thus causing electrostatic dispersion. But then, the side chain linked to the polymer backbone generates a steric hindrance that greatly enhances the ability of cement grains to disperse and remain separate. Steric hindrance provides a physical barrier along with the electrostatic barrier between the cement particles, resulting in flowable concrete with great reduction in water content and long term dispersibility.
Conforms to IS : 9103-1999 (reaffirmed 2004), Edition 2.2 (2007 – 2008), ASTM C494 / C494 M – 10, Type F & A, & BS 934.
TARDYPLAST M is used to produce an extremely workable flowing concrete without loss of strength or to enable large water reduction for the same workability resulting in dense rheodynamic concrete with higher ultimate strength. This product is very useful in producing pumpable concrete, precast concrete, pre-stressed concrete, self compacting concrete, high performance concrete and concrete requiring long term workability retention.
- Substantial improvements in workability and flow properties without increased water produces self leveling concrete which can be poured into place around congested reinforcement and requires little(or no) vibration to achieve optimum compaction. The bond strength of concrete to reinforcement steel is considerably increased.
- The internal friction and thixotropy of mix is reduced to a minimum without the risk of segregation, thus making concrete pumping more
- Very significant water reduction minimizes shrinkage cracking thereby producing close textured impervious impermeable concrete with improved durability and surface finish. Suitable for use in most types of concrete above and below ground subjected to water pressure and aggressive atmospheric conditions. Reduction in concrete permeability protects against water migration and corrosion of embedded steel.
- For a given concrete mix, keeping the cement consumption and workability constant by large reduction in the amount of mixing water, substantial increase in strength can be Alternatively, for the same concrete mix, by keeping the workability and strength constant, a definite cement economy ranging from 15 to 25% can be obtained. Obvious advantages for precast concrete production.
|Specific Gravity||1.08 ± 0.02 at 27 ± 2°C|
|Air Entrainment||May increase very marginally|
|Setting & Hardening||Sets very early with moderate dosages. There may be retarding effect on the|
setting time with high dosages
|Can be used with all types of Portland and slag cements including Sulphate resisting cements and Pozzolans, e.g. Mircosillica, Fly Ash GGBFS, etc.|
TARDYPLAST M is formulated from carefully selected raw materials and is manufactured under controlled strict quality condition to produce a consistent product.
The optimum dosage should be determined by site trial with the particular concrete mix. As a guide the rate of addition is generally in the range of 200 to 800 ml per 50 kg of cement depending on the function.
The plasticizing-cum-water reducing properties are improved if the admixture is added to moist concrete after adding 60-70% of mixing water. Addition of TARDYPLAST M to dry cement or aggregate is not recommended.
|As Superplasticizer-flowing concrete||250 – 400 ml per 50 Kg of cement As|
|high range water reducing admixture for high strength concrete (up to 15-30% water reduction)||500 – 600 ml per Kg of cement|
Severe of over-dosage of TARDYPLAST M may result into segregation / bleeding of mix, delayed initial / final set, increased plastic shrinkage, air-entrainment, etc.
METHOD OF USE
TARDYPLAST M is supplied ready for use. For maximum dispersion throughout the mix, measured quantity of TARDYPLAST M should be added directly into the mixer at the same time as the mixing water. On no account should be added to the dry cement.
STORAGE & SHELF LIFE
TARDYPLAST M must be stored within moderate temperature, under cover, away from direct sunlight. If stored as mentioned above, shelf life is 18 months.
Available in 50 Kg, and 250 Kg plastic container.
HEALTH & SAFETY
TARDYPLAST M is formulated from chemicals which present no fire or health hazards.
Although the basic formulation of our products generally remains unchanged production refinements arising from continuing research and evolution program may occasionally results in marginal changes in properties.
The above stated properties are based on our standard product, TARDYPLAST M. The product may change with some code as suffix or addendum to the principal or original name indicative of some minor adjustment and fine tuning in the formulation (e.g. TARDYPLAST M) to meet a specific requirement of the user or due to our continuous research and development but shall exhibit similar properties.
Our products are manufactured under stringent National / International quality norms and guaranteed against any manufacturing defect. Recommendation as per this data sheet are based on our team’s combined practical experience and exposure over several years in the field of construction and are believed to be most appropriate. However, no liability can be accepted by us, as the conditions of use of such products are beyond our control.
The above data is based on our industry knowledge and does not constitute a guarantee for any specific product. A legally valid contractual relationship, can therefore, not be established.
- GCPL has an advisory service on concrete mix design & application of right products at right place, can be contacted if assistance is
- GCPL maintains a technical division with highly qualified Technical Personnel to investigate and advise on subjects related to concrete and the Construction
- The Division will advise on the correct use and selection of right products at the right