Drucseal – TBM – C is a sealant that can be used in tunnels dug with a full-section mechanical cutter to prevent backfilling grout, water, and mortar from penetrating the shield and reaching the digging face of a tunnel boring machine (TBM).
Its high-temperature resistance reduces the risk of flames in tunnel machines.
For best results, Drucseal – TBM – C must be stored in original, unopened containers at temperatures not above 40° C and not lower than 5° C. They usually have a shelf life of 12 months.
During the transportation (i.e. in wintertime), the product gets frozen, it must be stored at 15-20° C for 24 hours before using the same for transportation at a temperature higher than 40° C. In wintertime, it must be transported inside the insulated containers.
Advantages of Drucseal – TBM – C
- Good resistance against water (including saltwater) and grout pressure
- Good anti-washout properties
- Good wear protection for brushes
- Good pumping properties over a wide range of temperatures
- Good adhesion to concrete and metal
- Good stability (no fluid separation) in storage and under pressure
- No harmful effect to the sealing
|(at + 20° C and 60 % R.H.)|
Odour Slight Odour
|Density||1.3 ± 0.050 kg/dm3|
|Fire Point||> 205° C|
|Pumping Properties||50 – 55 g/min at the pressure of 10 bar and Temp 25° C|
NOTE: The information provided here is based on our best knowledge at the time of publication but does not imply any warranty for users, given the numerous application possibilities beyond our own control. Users should therefore perform tests to assess the suitability of the product for the intended application.