PRE MIXED FREE FLOW, HIGH STRENGTH, NON SHRINK CEMENTITIOUS GROUT DESCRIPTION
COLATA 41 is chloride free OPC 43 Grade and Micro fine cement based free flowing non-metallic, non-shrink grout that develops very early high compressive strength. Its wide acceptance and extensive testing programs indicates it to be a proven and established product of excellent quality. It is used for precision grouting where it is essential to withstand static & dynamic loads.
AREAS OF APPLICATION
- COLATA 41 has proven itself and found wide application in the following
- Precision grouting of machinery foundations requiring high strength and vibration
- Grouting of anchor bolts, sole plates, and bridge bearings. Involving high vibratory conditions, e.g., Turbo
- Grouting of machinery sugar, paper, rubber and chemical
- Grouting of structural steel columns, bridge beams and seats, crane way rails, posts, transmission towers, power stations and many
- Consolidation of strata consisting of alluvium, fine sand & coarse silt where normal cement grouts cannot penetrate.
- Grouting for subway excavation, river water canals, fine cracks, fissures in rock, RCC structures
- Strata consolidation during tunnel
- It is ideally suited for grouting of foundation plates. COLATA 41 is used for grouting of base plates of turbines, compressors and boiler feed pumps, anchoring. Its application is essential to withstand static and dynamic load.
- Gaseous expansion system ensures better effective contact
- Develops high early as well as later
- Free flow characteristics ensure best contact area with load bearing
- Chloride content –
- High strength with high durability of
- Factory Packed material hence no need to do side batching
- Non-metallic hence stains
- Grouting must be carried out with pre packed cement based chloride free non shrink
- Grout Item shall be mixed with clean water as per w/p ratio.
- Volumetric expansion should occur by gaseous means when the grout is in plastic
COLATA 41 develops extraordinary high compressive Strength, Flexual & Tensile strength.
Compressive Strength (BS 1881 – Part 116:1983)
|Compressive Strength (MPa)|
|Flowable (W/P = 0.12)||Pourable ((W/P = 0.10)|
|Flexural Strength (MPa)|
|Flowable (W/P = 0.12)||Pourable ((W/P = 0.10)|
|Pull Out Bond Strength (MPa) @ (W/P = 0.12)|
|07 Days||20 MPa|
|28 Days||30 MPa|
|Tensile Strength (MPa) @ (W/P = 0.12)|
|28 Days||5 MPa|
|Time of Expansion (after mixing)|
|Start Time||20 Minutes|
|Finish Time||120 Minutes|
|Free Expansion (%) – 1.2 %|
|Fresh Wet Density (Kg/m3) – Approx. 2200|
|Dynamic Load Resistance – Specimen of the COLATA 41 remains undamaged even after subjecting|
them to alternate loads of 5 N/mm2 @ 500 cycles per minutes for two million cycles
|Flow Characteristics: – COLATA 41 depends upon the gap width and the grout head. Details given|
|Flow Distance (mm) Max|
|Gap Width||50 mm head||100 mm head||250 mm head|
|Parameter tested at 300 C Temperature, Unrestricted flow width – At least 300 mm, Surface in SD|
COLATA 41 is guaranteed for a constant continually mixture. Pre mixing at the factory under strict quality control that requires no complicated job-site mixing or skill, other than the addition of water. Facilitates easy handling and storage. COLATA 41 is protected in a vapor barrier bag that prevents exposure to the atmospheric elements. Eliminates shrinkage, have flowable consistency, good workability and excellent void filling action (self – leveling) and allows ample time for finishing work. Can be poured, pumped, dry –packed and rammed in COLATA 41 is poured into place has no segregation.
COLATA 41 is ready for use, requires only simple mixing with water. Prior to grouting below procedures must be taken care of.
Surface must be free from oil, grease or any loose adherent material.
Base plate should be clean from Oil, grease. Air pressure release holes should be provided.
Formwork should be leak proof.
Concrete surface on which grouting to be poured needs to be saturated with fresh water. Immediately before grouting excess water shall be removed with help of air blower, sponge.
If surface temperatures are below 150C, warm water (30 – 400C) need to be used for strength retention. If surface temperatures are above 400C, cool water (200C) need to be used for adequate pouring time and to prevent lump formation.
UNRESTRAINED SURFACE AREA
Gap between formwork and plate edge should not exceed 150mm on the pouring side and 50mm on the opposite side. If possible there should no gap at the flank sides.
MIXING AND PLACING MIXING
For Larger quantities – Heavy duty mixer is advised. However for small (up to 50Kg) quantity – slow speed
drill (400 – 500rpm) fitted with paddle would suffice, and for continuous grouting adequate mixing capacity needed. For timely placing of mixture a grout holding tank with nozzle is required.
CLOTA 41 has a shelf life of 6 months if kept in a dry storage place in sealed bags. The shelf life may be reduced if stored in high temperature and high humidity condition
Although the basic formulation of our products generally remains unchanged production refinements arising from continuing research and evaluation program may occasionally result in marginal changes in properties.