Sometimes, a jagged, wedge-shaped of rock can jut out in reaction. From here, water ingressions can occur, which leads to ground settlements.
Modern techniques like grouting and various chemical solutions can overcome these issues. If you need more specific advice or would like to consult on an issue about this or similar to this, reach out! We’d love to chat.
- Faults, shear zones, weak rock, problematic soil, water, high in-situ stress
- Difficult to quantify and uncertain
- Limited working access to mitigate
- High risks during construction
- Great uncertainties with high risks for Long and deep tunnels
- Rock Type
- In-situ Stresses
- Strata Orientation
- Shear Zones
- Thrust Zones
- Water source availability